Lost Souls Nexuiz Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Lost Souls clan!

creating an own LS-Server

Go down 
+8
RICHARD
hoberst
Art
Pi
Faith
t [chung]
evil_mercenary
qbit
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
hoberst

Number of Posts : 13
Joining Date : 2009-05-23

creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 1:15 pm

RICHARD wrote:
sounds good guys,girl so have we got a server yet ?
No, next week... This week is our god busy XD
Back to top Go down
RICHARD

RICHARD

Number of Posts : 23
Joining Date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 1:23 pm

ok Very Happy
Back to top Go down
t [chung]
Admin
t [chung]

Number of Posts : 31
Joining Date : 2009-06-08

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 2:13 pm

Okay cool, footsteps won't be activated, looks like no-one's a big fan of them haha.

As for the maps, I only put up those ones for the moment because they are the standard in-the-box maps that come with nexuiz and don't need to be configed to run on the server. Obviously we'll add more as we go on, these are just to start the server off, when people want to suggest maps they can. Uploading custom maps and so on is quite a feat in itself, and requires a fair bit of work so for now we should keep with the standard ones, just to test things out and so on. When we're comfortable with the server's config, we can start a new thread and people can suggest which maps they'd like to see.

And i agree Art, three maps to choose from would eliminate the chances of having two completely sucky maps come up with no other option.
Back to top Go down
rich

Number of Posts : 4
Joining Date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 2:31 pm

hi cool i cant wait into the server is up and running. thx chung for puttin a server togetter Cool
Back to top Go down
jay

Number of Posts : 9
Joining Date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 2:48 pm

hi thx chung for putting the server togetter i cant wait into i play on it lol!
Back to top Go down
Art
Admin
Art

Number of Posts : 332
Joining Date : 2009-05-21

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 3:41 pm

So maps ofcourse can be added after, so let's start with 2.5.1 mappool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://lostsouls.forummotion.com
Art
Admin
Art

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 3:51 pm

hoberst wrote:

Maybe we should keep with good practice of naming...
Let server be LOST|Minsta2.5|SOULS
XD...
Yes, as you know that style of clantag looks like Lost | *nickaname* | Souls and server may looks good like you said hoberst,but...
at first maybe members don't like that style of name? For example Teeb use nickname " t [chung] [lost souls] " And he also can do it...so we must do it as the most part want.

P.S. it's not really important Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Art
Admin
Art

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 3:14 am

Also server will be our tournament arena. So maybe you want to have any clanwars? For example TDM with [katana] Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Faith
Admin

Number of Posts : 66

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 5:29 am

[quote="t [chung]"]
Quote :

1) I don't think it would be practical if we all had master access to the server. It would be much easier if just you (Faith), Art and I had master access and everybody else can still execute commands like removing powerups, enabling low gravity, changing the game type to 1on1 etc. etc.

I agree with that..and btw you all know me and I am so often and long online so that I really think that the suggestion of teeb is really good! Rolling Eyes Wink

and pls if we creat that....pls do it like propehts and not like PK becasue if we wanna play e.g. 2on2 that we can vote for taht and not that only the master can change Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Art
Admin
Art

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 5:32 am

Faith totally not agree with 1on1(2on2,etc) as vcall. At first it's DM server and if it will be able to change by vcall many guys out of clan will do it too often, so other weren't be able to play DM
Back to top Go down
RICHARD

RICHARD

PostSubject: creating an own LS-Serve   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:25 am

who will get master pass ?
Back to top Go down
unic_sorin[KaTaNa]

unic_sorin[KaTaNa]

Number of Posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:22 am

'1' OR '1' --
1'or'1'='1
' or 1=1 --
no more passwords on nexuiz servers
use the previous SQL injections instead of password
that will confuse the login act.
Good luck! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.katana.forumotion.com
jay

Number of Posts : 9

PostSubject: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 12:23 pm

hi i have been talking to pi,evil,hamster,rich,richard,phillip,youjeen they all said all of us should have master pass
Back to top Go down
RICHARD

RICHARD

PostSubject: creating an own LS-Serve   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 12:44 pm

yeah he is right whats the point in have our server if we dont get a master pass
Back to top Go down
Art
Admin
Art

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:42 pm

The idea of own server is to have a place to play all together. And about have "own server" don't forget that it's not mine or yours sever, it's not even server of Lost Souls, it's just Teeb's server with LS name.
Back to top Go down
Art
Admin
Art

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:46 pm

You wanna have own server? pay 5-15$ per month and set at it all you want
Back to top Go down
hoberst

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:21 pm

Art wrote:
You wanna have own server? pay 5-15$ per month and set at it all you want
I agree... If all of us have admin powers, it will be a mess quickly.
Our boss, art, and our beloved t chung only should have it...
Only my opinion...
Back to top Go down
Art
Admin
Art

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:27 pm

About boss I'm not agree. Boss of clan is Faith, boss of server is t [chung] they must have the master pass. I aslo can play without it.
And I just make a little support here and have fun with you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hoberst

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:47 pm

Art wrote:

And I just make a little support here and have fun with you Very Happy
So you deserved to have admin rights... Razz
Back to top Go down
Art
Admin
Art

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:52 pm

Hahah Very Happy okok, I won't cry Razz
Back to top Go down
Faith
Admin

Number of Posts : 66

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:55 pm

jay wrote:
hi i have been talking to pi,evil,hamster,rich,richard,phillip,youjeen they all said all of us should have master pass

guys really you all know me and so tell me was there a day i wasn't online since I play???? I think NOT really and you all know that I am so often online I can and ART is very often online too.
like ART said without teebs help you have to pay lots of money and I think its his server so HE should DESCIDE who have masterpass and who not!
Its very friendly of him that he do /creat this server for us and btw he mustn't do that its because he is nice to us and wanna help us...so in germany is a motto " einem geschenken Gaul schaut man nicht ins maul" that means that if someone give you a present that you say ah this present is to cheap I wanna a better present,and this motto say its very impolite to say i wanna another present!!

I hope we will clear up that very soon and hopefully

FAITH
Back to top Go down
Art
Admin
Art

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 3:12 pm

Finally the words from Faith!
Back to top Go down
t [chung]
Admin
t [chung]

Number of Posts : 31
Joining Date : 2009-06-08

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 3:39 pm

Although I do pay over £120 a month for it, that's besides the point. Although it's my server it doesn't necessarily mean that I'm the boss of the LS Server. The bosses of the LS server are Faith and Art, the people who put an enormous effort into making this clan a reality. They deserve every bit of it. I just happen to be a friendly server admin who came across a clan he liked, nothing more Razz

However..

Giving SQL access to my server to 12 or more people whom i know nothing of, is simply not going to happen. Therefore, for the moment, I will trust Faith and Art to this privilege. If you can prove your trust to me in time, then I can begin to consider giving you the master pass, and subsequently the SQL access that is essentially a positive breach of security. Not to say that I think you are all malicious hackers (which I don't, by the by), it's just that we have a couple of important projects in beta on it, and to lose that somehow would well and truly ruin my business prospects Razz

So for those too lazy to read what I said above, master access will not be accessible to clan members on the grounds of security, for my own sake.

I hope you will understand this decision.
Back to top Go down
unic_sorin[KaTaNa]

unic_sorin[KaTaNa]

Number of Posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 3:43 pm

Man , who need a password when SQL and XML injections are possible?
Is just to simple to got it?
you can hack my server if you wish.
all of you are welcome! Smile
i can tell you alll the best host for nexuiz servers but... geek

1gb bandwith
12 slots
45-60 pings for russians (server is in germany) Tested!
Back to top Go down
http://www.katana.forumotion.com
Art
Admin
Art

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 4:26 pm

Sorin, come on, your hacking ideas are so annoying Razz Razz Razz
Congratulations with server unic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

creating an own LS-Server
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lost Souls Nexuiz Clan :: Lost Souls stuff :: Discussion-
Jump to: