Lost Souls Nexuiz Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Lost Souls clan!

creating an own LS-Server

Go down 
+8
RICHARD
hoberst
Art
Pi
Faith
t [chung]
evil_mercenary
qbit
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
qbit

qbit

Number of Posts : 21
Joining Date : 2009-05-29

creating an own LS-Server Empty
PostSubject: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 5:38 am

Hello all Lost Souls members,

what would you all think about creating an own server finally? Seems like this clan is not that unknown anymore and stable enough to consider setting up and own place. So far we've mostly blocked the Prophets server, hehe, what was nice, too, of course, but I think it's not right Suspect
Does anybody know any provider with good conditions for a smooth server? What might be the costs per month? And would you members be willing to help financing it? I will start collecting some offers and hope you would like to participate in this discussion.

see you in game,

qbit alien
Back to top Go down
evil_mercenary
Admin

Number of Posts : 37
Joining Date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:39 am

Personally, i think its a brilliant idea, and i was about to suggest it myself... We should probably make one with enough player slots for all of us:)

Sadly though, i do not have any income to help finance it:(

I hope we can sort something out.
Back to top Go down
qbit

qbit

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 8:36 am

I just checked some offers. We probably should take one with 16 slots which might cost about 18€ per month. Guess many here are from the Euro-zone, hehe, if not then I am sorry. I am sure you will find a site which helps you with the rates to your currency. The next question is: in what country should the server be? Germany would be convenient for us Germans, hehe, but maybe that might give some 'ping'-disadvantage for other fellows ..
Back to top Go down
t [chung]
Admin
t [chung]

Number of Posts : 31
Joining Date : 2009-06-08

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 7:36 am

I own two dedicated servers and a private server so it shouldn't be a problem setting it up Smile
Back to top Go down
Faith
Admin

Number of Posts : 66
Joining Date : 2009-05-21

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 7:46 am

hey hey!!

So if we really creat an own one we must decide many thing like:

1)Who pay?(all, 2 people..)
2)which version of nexuiz? (2.4 or 2.5.1 or so)
3)who get masterpass? (all,few people)
4)where the server is standing ( country)?
5)rulez?? (spamm...rude people and so )

and many more points we must decide......but I think we will creat that all soon...I hope Very Happy

but ok i think the members I asked in game about this idea everyone accept this idea....if I was wrong pls tell here!!

yours FAITH
Back to top Go down
Pi

Pi

Number of Posts : 92
Joining Date : 2009-05-23

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:54 am

version 2.4!!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
evil_mercenary
Admin

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 10:12 am

we'll need 2.5 to participate in any official tournaments etc, though....am i right?

in response to faiths last message:

1) i know that someof us cant pay, so thats between who can.

2)nexuiz 2.5 is needed for official tournaments etc (correct me if i'm wrong) so we should probably use 2.5.

3) all clan members should get the master pass, as most other clans have that policy.....i think... :-S

4) germany seems to be where *most* of our members are... that or europe.... so maybe germany is a good idea.

5)1. no spamming
2. no swearing?
3. no typefragging.
4. have fun !!

i hope these ideas are ok. thanks for reading guys. flower
Back to top Go down
qbit

qbit

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 11:31 am

2.4 would be my favourite, too. But I guess you are right, evil_mercenary, 2.5 would be more up-to- date Rolling Eyes About paying for it. I have no problem to give some bucks for a well running server. I know it's not easy to ask for cash and also not easy to refuse paying when everybody else shares the costs.. scratch And about the master-login. As long there are not too many members there shouldn't be a problem to let everybody get access as long nobody abuses it for any bad intention. I wouldn't mind to use votecalls instead of master-login .. but a little more power wouldn't be bad either lol!
What else? Hm .. maybe about the server's location. As long it's in Europe I wouldn't mind. The question is: who finds a good provider? How would we do with sharing the costs? Not so easy .. if anybody has experience about all that he/she would help a lot here .. cheers
Back to top Go down
evil_mercenary
Admin

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 11:59 am

i'd tend to use votes too. thats the way it should be done.
nice one q|bit
Back to top Go down
t [chung]
Admin
t [chung]

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 4:02 am

I'll just repeat myself.

I own a private server, and rent out two dedicated servers.

That means that no-one has to pay anything (I use it for work usually and it's covered by our annual expenses budget) and I have experience in setting up nexuiz servers.

The server itself is a beast, running quad-core xeon processors and a truckload of RAM. It is situated in London, and would run 2.5.1.

All clan members should have master access to commands.

Rules? What's the point? If anyone troublesome comes along (unlikely) then we can just kick them off.
Back to top Go down
qbit

qbit

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 4:10 am

Man, you will get the nobel prize one day .. lol! .. if it is really no problem to provide a server that easily .. so, what are we waiting for? bounce
Back to top Go down
evil_mercenary
Admin

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 4:12 am

woah! so are you setting up a lost souls server?!
you're amazing t[chung]!! cheers afro Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Faith
Admin

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 4:33 am

WOW I am speechless!! affraid

t[chung] we all love you Smile

wow guys I think in future Riddick should look what he said and if he don't........gosh......out XD

if it reqally work then I have 2 questions

1) if all have masterpass then all have the same password or everyone has another??
2)when we can start Laughing ?
Back to top Go down
qbit

qbit

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 4:43 am

let's build a shrine for t[chung] where we can worship him lol!
Back to top Go down
Faith
Admin

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 4:56 am

qbit wrote:
let's build a shrine for t[chung] where we can worship him lol!

All in work m8 np i will creat some Very Happy

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Art
Admin
Art

Number of Posts : 332

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 5:06 am

A was at the countyside for few days...and what I see when I'm back?! Shocked Very Happy Very Happy
I'm so happy to see really big progress with clan, you all do very nice here, and I'm happy that I take a part in it.
About server. I understand nothing in it, but I will do my best if you need my help Very Happy
About server...
At first I'm sure that it must DM....DM,DM and only DM.
I'm not agree with idea of 2.4.2 You all know how I like 2.4.2 and it's cool to have "old" server but only when you have 2.5.1 DM
About master pass...I'm sure that only server-admin can decide who will have it.

Teeb tell me in PM please what exactly you gonna do.
Back to top Go down
https://lostsouls.forummotion.com
evil_mercenary
Admin

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 7:46 am

my shrine is done, what about yours? lol!
Back to top Go down
qbit

qbit

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 8:36 am

already worshiping cheers
Back to top Go down
t [chung]
Admin
t [chung]

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:47 am

Quote :
if it reqally work then I have 2 questions

1) if all have masterpass then all have the same password or everyone has another??
2)when we can start?

1) I don't think it would be practical if we all had master access to the server. It would be much easier if just you (Faith), Art and I had master access and everybody else can still execute commands like removing powerups, enabling low gravity, changing the game type to 1on1 etc. etc.

2) I'm busy for another week or so then I've got all the time in the world. I will start to configure it then, but that's only because it's time consuming. What we can do now, because I know you're all excited Very Happy is decide on the contents of the config file. This is basically the file which determines the behaviour of the server, it's game type etc.

As I've done this before, I'd suggest we begin with the following set up:

Name: [Lost Souls] Minstagib [2.5] (What appears on the server list)
Description: Welcome to the Lost Souls Minstagib server! Please visit https://lostsouls.forummotion.com/ for more information. (What appears underneath the title upon joining the game).
Game type: DM (Deathmatch)
Mutators: Hook, Footsteps, Minstagib (Means that grappling hook, footsteps and Minstagib mutators are enabled)
Map Cycle: aggressor dieselpower dismal downer evilspace farewell ruiner runningman silvercity toxic warfare (All of the initial maps we're going to use, cycling randomly).
Map Voting: There will be an option of 2 maps to vote on. This means less disputes, biased voting and of course the inevitability that everyone is happy!
Time Limit: 20 minutes
Frag Limit: 30 (Although I'd like to ask you guys about this, since it's a very important configuration to decide upon.)
Bots: None. Bots take up server resources and are useless when players are in the game, so they will be disabled.
SV Vote Commands: restart fraglimit chmap gotomap endmatch reducematchtime extendmatchtime (Commands that anybody can put into the console and call a vote on. In order, restart the game, change the fraglimit, change map, go to specified mao, end the match, reduce the match time, extend the match time. These are only preliminary though, I will add more if more are requested by you guys).
Server Framerate: 60fps (Because we have a kickass server and no-one wants a laggy game Razz)
AntiLag: Enabled (x2) (Same thing)

If anyone has any more questions/suggestions or ideas don't be afraid to ask!
Back to top Go down
Art
Admin
Art

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:33 am

At first...great job Teeb! Very Happy

Now my oppinion:

Quote :
1) I don't think it would be practical if we all had master access to the server. It would be much easier if just you (Faith), Art and I had master access and everybody else can still execute commands like removing powerups, enabling low gravity, changing the game type to 1on1 etc. etc.
Totally agree

Quote :
2) I'm busy for another week or so then I've got all the time in the world. I will start to configure it then, but that's only because it's time consuming. What we can do now, because I know you're all excited is decide on the contents of the config file. This is basically the file which determines the behaviour of the server, it's game type etc.
If you are busy don't be in a hurry....don't worry, we all can wait Very Happy

Quote :
Description: Welcome to the Lost Souls Minstagib server! Please visit https://lostsouls.forummotion.com/ for more information. (What appears underneath the title upon joining the game).
Game type: DM (Deathmatch)
Mutators: Hook, Footsteps, Minstagib (Means that grappling hook, footsteps and Minstagib mutators are enabled)
Map Cycle: aggressor dieselpower dismal downer evilspace farewell ruiner runningman silvercity toxic warfare (All of the initial maps we're going to use, cycling randomly).
Map Voting: There will be an option of 2 maps to vote on. This means less disputes, biased voting and of course the inevitability that everyone is happy!
Time Limit: 20 minutes
Frag Limit: 30 (Although I'd like to ask you guys about this, since it's a very important configuration to decide upon.)
Bots: None. Bots take up server resources and are useless when players are in the game, so they will be disabled.
SV Vote Commands: restart fraglimit chmap gotomap endmatch reducematchtime extendmatchtime (Commands that anybody can put into the console and call a vote on. In order, restart the game, change the fraglimit, change map, go to specified mao, end the match, reduce the match time, extend the match time. These are only preliminary though, I will add more if more are requested by you guys).
Server Framerate: 60fps (Because we have a kickass server and no-one wants a laggy game )
AntiLag: Enabled (x2) (Same thing)
1) in my oppinion( if you are not agree please tell us) footsteps sucks...they make game very campy when you hear footsteps...
2) about maps... As for me list of maps is very small...as you know ppl will play only 2-3 maps from this list every time...And I aslo think that we can add some unofficial but good maps...(for example maps of Banshee or Die Happy).... So I think map list should be bigger and then vote option must be with 3 m
Back to top Go down
Pi

Pi

Number of Posts : 92

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 12:01 pm

no footsteps pls :p

i prefer the maps that the 1vs1 prophets server have
Back to top Go down
evil_mercenary
Admin

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 12:10 pm

i agree with art. please dont activate footsteps. and i also think that there should be more maps....it increases the chance of a fair game cause people who get used to the same maps win a lot. if there are lots of maps, they are less likely to be known as well.........then again, some people prefer to be familiar with their territory.......
Back to top Go down
Art
Admin
Art

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 12:20 pm

Pi wrote:
i prefer the maps that the 1vs1 prophets server have

Prophets 1on1 server have only "mappool" maps...the maps which were in last 1no1 tourney...Also they are all very good but DM gametype can be played on many others good maps
Back to top Go down
hoberst

Number of Posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 1:09 pm

t [chung] wrote:

Maybe we should keep with good practice of naming...
Let server be LOST|Minsta2.5|SOULS
XD...
And please, no footsteps... As for maps, there are a tons of good maps (see tot servers)...
Back to top Go down
RICHARD

RICHARD

Number of Posts : 23
Joining Date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 1:12 pm

sounds good guys,girl so have we got a server yet ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: creating an own LS-Server   creating an own LS-Server I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

creating an own LS-Server
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lost Souls Nexuiz Clan :: Lost Souls stuff :: Discussion-
Jump to: